Tuesday, June 19, 2007

23 Squidoo!

Sometimes my head spills over with all the new ideas I stumble across on the web. I recently found Swicki, a combination web search and wiki - its a search tool that you can optimize and tailor, and train, and then allow your community of users to improve by giving feedback.

Here is a test swicki I've created.

I'm also still trying to get my head around Squidoo. Its a web site that allows you to create Lenses, or unique views on different topics. The lens is a web page that can point to lots of different resources and web sites devoted to that topic.

It would seem useful to have a lens devoted to a church, which could highlight the church's vision, mission, programs, and ministries. I did a very brief search this afternoon and didn't find too much. I did find Church! At Bethany

http://www.squidoo.com/churchatbethany/


I like the ideas behind Swicki, Squidoo, and del.icio.us because they allow you to place another viewpoint over existing web structures. It allows for alternative ways to access info, and allows for community participation in making a web site stronger.

For now I'll keep thinking this one over

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Andrew, will check out your blog in detail later but just thought I should tip you off about Kevin Hendricks and his squidoo stuff here: http://www.squidoo.com/lensmasters/kevinhendricks

Andrew said...

Thanks Cynthia, great link!