Friday, March 23, 2007

What's all this then?

So, then. It's the first post. The "hello world" program. The Initial Program Load.

Why am I doing this? Well, good question. I don't imagine many people will read this, and I think that's one reason I haven't started a blog before now.

For the longest time, I thought that blogs were primarily meant for other people. Over the last few weeks, however, I've been reading lots of other blogs, and I've come to the realization that blogs can be useful for organizing personal thoughts and writing things down. I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed, so I suppose its not shocking that I haven't realized this before.

I decided to start this blog because I wanted a place to write down, keep track of, and organize random thoughts about my involvement with technology and media ministry in our church.

Over the last year or so, I've been working in creating a web site for our church. I'm interested in web2.0 and exploring new ways of doing outreach through the internet and the web. I don't feel I'm "there" yet at all.

So I plan to use this blog to mention other stuff I've found that I like, write down where I'm at, and maybe where I'm not at either. So there you go.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Admit it. I was your inspiration. xD

Andrew said...

Hah, yes, I was indeed inspired. I can't believe you found this already, I just made it yesterday.

Anonymous said...

Of course...I'm incredible. Or, I was just going to pass some time on Flickr exlore and happened to look at your profile when I got your contact request. 'tis simple, really.